RockyMtnBri's Times!

A dialog about the fun tech stuff I've owned over the years with pictures and links! Other aspects of my life as well as musings can be found here! Feel free to add comments!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Me an' EA Sports Fitness - Week One

Day one, January 8th - got the kit, set it up and started the 30-day workout. It took twenty minutes and consisted of:
  • Walking and running around a track
  • Lunges
  • Arm curls
  • Shoulder lifts
  • Punches and kicks against targets and a punching bag
  • In-line skating and avoiding targets via leg lifts
  • Squats
After the work-out, I was evaluated at burning 144 calories, and got a silver (69%) rating. My weight was 224 pounds (1.5 lbs less than when I started!), and my blood sugar was 92.

Day two, January 9th - Twenty minutes and consisted of:
  • Walking and running around a track
  • Long, slow leg lifts while walking (really worked my thighs)
  • Lunges
  • Arm curls
  • Shoulder lifts
  • Tennis volleys and serves
  • Squats
After the work-out, I was evaluated at burning 172 calories, and got a silver (74%) rating. My ending weight was 223 pounds, and my blood sugar was 92.

Day three, January 10th - Rest day - only entered log book data.

Day four, January 11th - Wii board focus and upper body strength. It took twenty minutes and consisted of:
  • Walking and running around a track
  • Lunges
  • Arm curls
  • Shoulder lifts
  • Tennis volleys
  • Aerobic dancing
After the work-out, I was evaluated at burning 114 calories, and got a gold (84%) rating! My ending weight was 221.5 pounds, and my blood sugar was 110.

Day five, January 12th - Aerobic workout today. It took twenty minutes and consisted of:
  • Walking and running around a track
  • Jumping lunges
  • Arm curls
  • Shoulder lifts
  • Punching targets
  • In-line skating with ramp jumps
After the work-out, I was evaluated at burning 145 calories, and got a silver (75%) rating. I met my first goal of burning 500 calories in 7 days, so I reset it to 1000 calories! My ending weight was 222 pounds, and my blood sugar was 122.

Day six, January 13th - Rest day - only entered log book data.

Day seven, January 14th - Upper body workout today. It took seventeen minutes and consisted of:
  • Walking and running around a track
  • Rib curls
  • Arm curls
  • Shoulder lifts
  • Punching targets
  • In-line skating with ramp jumps
After the work-out, I was evaluated at burning 129 calories, and got a silver (76%) rating. I ran 25 total laps on the track and got a trophy for it! My ending weight was 225 pounds, and my blood sugar was 140.

So far, week one is completed and I am seeing some results already in terms of tone, energy, and metabolism! I really enjoy the variety of workouts and the overall progress.

No comments: